Transfer my Domain Name?
The first step to transfer your domain is accessing your current domain registrar where it’s currently registered. From here you will prepare the domain name for transfer.
Before you can begin the domain transfer process, it’s important to verify a few components:
- Is your domain eligible for transfer?
- Is your domain expired and need to renew?
- Was your domain renewed recently?
Every registrar is a little different, but you should be able to follow these general steps:
- Login and access the domain manager tools of your current registrar.
- Update your contact info (particularly your e-mail address) so that Bluehost can reach you with important information both during and after the transfer process.
- Ensure privacy options are disabled for the transfer process. Don’t worry, you can re-enable them when your domain is successfully transferred to YakoCloud.
- Update the nameservers to point to YakoCloud. Use the following: NS1.YakoCloud.Com and NS2.YakoCloud.Com. (This indicates that your site is hosted at YakoCloud.com. The DNS change can take anywhere from a few hours to several days to propagate. Once it is finished you will be able to complete the transfer process.)
- Ensure your domain name is unlocked.
- Acquire your “transfer EPP code,” or authorization code. This should be provided to you. Copy this code down and login to your new registrar (Yakocloud) to initiate the transfer.
Once you’ve prepared your domain for transfer, all that’s left is to initiate the transfer from the new registrar (YakoCloud).